Health, Safety, and Our Work Environment
GH Phipps has long recognized that maintaining safe job sites is our most important duty. Our top priority: assuring the safety of our employees, our subcontractors’ employees, our clients, and their guests. This value is evident in everything we do, particularly in how we approach construction.
We believe in safety first. All employees receive the training they need in order to complete their job safely.
Safety encompasses the health of our employees, which trickles down to the environment in which we work. Every GH Phipps employee receives regular safety training and ongoing training related to the unique aspects of each job they are assigned. We realize exceptional owners prefer contractors who have superior safety records – indicative of a company’s dedication to controlling quality and costs by providing a productive atmosphere – and these are the owners we wish to work with.
Our field supervisors are CPR and First-Aid Certified. Safety instructions and rules of conduct are written into each subcontract, and our safety requirements are reviewed with each subcontractor prior to awarding contracts. We use hardhat stickers and code-of-conduct cards as a helpful reminder to all team members.
GH Phipps works with an independent third party to maintain compliance with federal, state, and municipal stormwater regulations. We have been a member of the Association of General Contractors (AGC) Colorado’s Stormwater Excellence Program for several years.
We also work in conjunction with third-party environmental consultants to conform to federal, state, and municipal codes that govern regulated building materials. We have internal safety protocols to identify and safely control various environmental hazards.
We are a general contractor self-performing work. Our track record for safety performance is excellent.
Our training program and performance have been recognized by the following:
- 2018 ENR Mountain States General Contractor of the Year
- 2018 ENR Mountain States Top Contracting Firms by revenue, ranked #8
- 2018 AGC in the Community Award for 1-60-1952 Program
- 2018 AGC ACE award for Banner Health North Colorado Medical Center OR#15
- 2018 Bronze award for the University of Colorado Center for Academic Success and Engagement (CASE) Building.
- 2017 ENR National Top 20 Under 40 list, Project Superintendent
- 2017 ENR Mountain States Best Projects, Merit Award in the Higher Education / Research category, University of Denver Engineering and Computer Sciences Building
- 2017 Independent Electrical Contractors Rocky Mountain (IECRM) Summit Awards Contractor of the Year Award
- 2017 Denver Business Journal Top Regional Contractors, ranked #11